Where will I be working?
A highly interesting, rapidly growing company, working within a fast-paced medical science sector, the business has grown enormously over recent years and is working at the cutting edge of medical technology and research. An inclusive, welcoming culture awaits within modern, stylish offices.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a strong, experienced Facilities Manager to develop and maintain the company’s offices and laboratories in each building in order to meet the needs of staff, external agencies and current legislation.
They will also have overall responsibility for the Central Store.
- Overseeing all operational building requirements to ensure they meet health and safety standards and legal requirements. Ensuring successful resolutions, in areas such as:
- Repairs and maintenance
- Contract Management - M&E, cleaning & Security, Waste, fire system plus any other hard or soft contracts which fall under the remit of FM. Measuring against SLA’s.
- Support delivery of office renovations
- Support management of office space to ensure efficient use within legislation and H&S guidelines
- Support small project delivery
- Coordinating contractors to carry ensure PPM’s in line with manufacturers requirements and current legislation
- Assist with the tender process for contract renewal
- Manage furniture usage in line with business requirements, advising as investment is required
- Manage the performance of plant and equipment/ M&E and building management systems within the organisation, working with maintenance teams and advising when investment is required.
- Manage PPM and reactive works, controlling expenditure, ensuring that all appointed contractors have sufficient certification and liability insurance.
- To be the first point of contact for tenants regarding all facilities management services ensuring all SLA’s are achieved and delivered
- Liaising with all staff, at all levels as required
- Ensuring the FM team use the correct PPE which should be worn in line with H&S guidelines
- Overseeing the company’s central store, ensuring the store is operated in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising the day-to-day work and tasks of a small team, agreeing timescales for delivery and providing support to achieve this
- Reviews operating procedures to ensure efficiency and suggests changes
- Providing input to decisions around hiring, performance reviews
- Assisting new hires and less experience staff to become familiar with lab practices and processes.
What skills and experiences are required?
Experience & knowledge:
- Provided facilities management for a large site with proven results
- Ensured sites owned by the company meet statutory requirements and are fully compliant
- Effectively managed a facilities team
- Built effective relationships across all levels within a company including with senior clients
- Knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Contract management and service delivery to agreed SLA’s
- Management of both hard and soft services across multiple sites
- Provided facilities management for a growing biotech company or similar company with proven results
- Facilities management of laboratories
- Ability to identify, negotiate and maintain building contract relationships
Key behavioural attributes
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Communication
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
- Managing Self Performance
- Results Orientated
- Written and oral communication
- Building collaborative relationships
- Fostering teamwork
- Influencing others
- Interpersonal awareness
- Conceptual thinking
- Developing others
- Forward thinking
- Fostering innovation
- Managing change
- Providing motivational support
Education & qualifications
- BIFM level 4 minimum (E)
- NEBOSH Health & Safety training or equivalent (D)
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent (D)
What else do I need to know?
As well as a competitive salary, our client offer benefits including pension scheme, life insurance, gym membership, private health insurance and relocation package.
This role is permanent and full-time 8:30am - 5pm with expectation and flexibility to work hours as required from time to time.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.
- Facilities Management
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Laboratory Equipment
- Office Equipment Maintenance
- Contractor Management