Where will I be working?
A really unique working environment, well suited to those with a passion for the great outdoors and perhaps all things rural and historical, this will be a wonderful opportunity to work within a unique environment in an award winning National Trust setting.
What will I be doing?
The new post of Executive Assistant (EA) to the Operational Management Team (OMT) will provide support to three Heads of Department with overall responsibility for Security, Facilities, Fire, Transport, Compliance and Risk Management.
The primary role of the EA is to enhance the effectiveness of the Operational Management Team by providing full information management support. The role will report to the EA of the SMT team who coordinates business administrative support requirements.
The EA to OMT will manage their time carefully to ensure that each department receives the support that they require, and they will work closely with all three Heads of Department to ensure that tasks are prioritised and agreed.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary role of the EA is to enhance the effectiveness of the OMT by providing full information management support. The role will report to the EA of the SMT team who coordinates business administrative support requirements
- Outlook diary management for the three Heads of Department
- To arrange and attend meetings, take minutes and circulate as required
- To create and maintain action lists and operate a 'bring forward’ system to ensure tasks are completed by all relevant parties. This includes compiling lists of any outstanding jobs for departmental managers to review
- Collate and maintain departmental time sheets, holiday requests and rotas
- Collate and maintain departmental sickness forms and organise return to work meetings as required
- Arrange and log all mandatory and departmental training as required
Role Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Log and monitor maintenance requests on to the departmental/facilities administration system. Assist departments with queries on their self-managed log-ins
- Liaise with contractors as required, advise the OMT in a timely manner when annual service visits are due to be carried out
- Conduct contractor due diligence as required
- To assist with administrative support on all relevant projects including building, licensing, refurbishment, compliance, risk audits and similar as required
- To support, manage and update organisation-wide risk assessments, ensuring that changes are addressed and co-ordinate an efficient retrievable filing arrangement for all risk assessments
- Ensure all reported accidents and incidents are logged on the National Trust’s reporting system and provide regular reports. Working with the Head of Compliance & Risk Management, agree to escalate to RIDDOR where required and provide regular reports and updates
- Collate all fleet vehicle defect and accident reports and monitor progress to resolution
- Keep records of all vehicles in the fleet for service, MOT and road fund licence dates
What skills and experiences are required?
- 2-3 years Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant experience, in particular working for multiple Managers or Partners
- Experience in a similar industry/department an advantage
- Must possess ability to assess and prioritise multiple department needs, a strong track record of being a team player
- Highly motivated, organised individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail with high level of integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a friendly and approachable manner with visitors, outside agencies and all staff across the organisation
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
What else do I need to know?
Although an office based role, there will be times when you will be donning your outdoor kit and required to go across this unique, rural site. As such those applying must be flexible and agreeable to work outdoors occasionally as part of the support for this role.
This role is permanent and full-time 37.5 hours per week, regular working days Monday to Friday, flexibility in hours of duty may be required subject to operational requirements.
Salary is at a fixed rate of £25,000, plus up to 10% matched contribution to National Trust pension. Annual Leave Entitlement: 25 days plus Bank Holidays, increasing to 28 days after three years of continuous employment.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.