Who will I be working for?
A forward thinking, successful and progressive company. Modern offices and a warm, welcoming culture await prospective new employees.
What will I be doing?
The Service Manager will work closely across many company departments and will take responsibility for an interesting new contract. This will include monitoring and maintaining SLAs, seeking out both cost saving and commercial opportunities, ensuring contractual obligations are met and a quality customer experience is delivered, and helping to develop and deliver the strategic goals of the company.
- Manage and monitor delivery of SLA's for third party clients, including evaluating and recommending additional product / service elements to ensure success
- Monitor service management procedures in line with industry best practice, and recommend improvements where necessary (primarily, but not solely focusing on Service Support, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Release Management and Configuration Management)
- Ensure all reports and statistics for internal and external customers are delivered accurately and on time
- Be a key adviser on the technical development of the service platforms communicating effectively across the company
- Use data to plot trends that provide insight and evidence of how the service is performing in a useful format for clients
- Lead on understanding and translating clients’ requirements for new service functionality and champion these new services within the business through to delivery
- Develop strong working relationships and work closely with Service Leads and Account Managers to contribute towards clients receiving service excellence
- Identify potential problems before they impact service levels and seek out innovative solutions to any issues
- Co-ordinate additional resource as needed to help resolve issues, and manage any upward escalations as needed, influencing upstream as necessary
- Be accountable for ensuring any operational and business issues surrounding service delivery are managed, and escalated where necessary to the correct owners
- Understand system documentation and ensure processes and procedures are fit for purpose and up to date
- Ensure relevant management information is produced for services in accordance with targets, including regular Service Reports fit for a regular Service Review
- Initiate and sustain a close working relationship with the Customer Support teams to ensure consistent and effective support processes are developed and maintained
- As a self-starter work closely with the Technical teams to ensure that the appropriate monitoring tools and applications are in use to monitor and provide the highest possible service availability and performance
- Seek to deliver best practice in all areas of organisation, process and procedure around operational, hardware, software and infrastructure elements in delivering the service, compliance with ISO20000 and ISO27001 best practice
What skills and experience are required
- Preferably have a service management background
- Qualified to ITIL Foundation (or similar IS020000 certification) level or above
- Resourceful and capable of remaining calm and decisive under pressure
- Confident at working with all levels of the organisation
- Able to work alone or as part of a cross company team effectively
- Strong planning and organisational abilities
What are the company benefits?
- As well as a lovely culture and modern office this role attracts:
- Holiday: 25 days
- Pension: Group personal pension plan with Scottish Widows - Matching contributions, maximum match dependent on role level (5%)
- Private Medical Insurance cover for employee
- Life Assurance 4 x base salary
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme Childcare vouchers, salary exchange Well-being
- Company well-being days with external provider to share information and provide insights into individual well-being
Is there anything else I need to know?
This is a full-time permanent role. Salary will be placed within the band available to the grade and will based on skill and experience.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.