Who will I be working for?
An innovative and technical based client with an interesting history and an exciting future! Our client has global offices and this role is with their European HQ based in West Oxfordshire.
What will I be doing?
My client is looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant, reporting directly to the Accounts Manager. This is a full time role (Monday to Friday), although there could be some flexibility on working hours.( School hours across 5 days ) The successful person will have responsibility for the daily accounts function of the company, although they will be working in an open-plan office of seven people.
What skills and experience are required?
This role would suit someone who already has an understanding of the various accounts functions through qualifications or previous experience. The successful person will be well organised, able to manage their own tasks and time and prioritise their work load. There is the opportunity to grow and develop with the role, which would suit someone who wants to get a thorough understanding of all aspects of the accounts function up to Trial Balance level and possibly beyond.
- Recording and posting cash receipts
- Recording and reconciling credit card receipts (Paymentech & Stripe)
- Process supplier invoices – code, match to purchase orders, post to Oracle
- Prepare BACS & Wire weekly payment runs
- Reconcile, analyse and post monthly employee credit card statements
- Bank reconciliations (Euro & GBP accounts)
- Software Royalty calculation (monthly)
- Maintain asset register
- Maintain prepayment & accrual registers
- Submit Pension, Childcare Voucher and Company Health Care returns
- Quarterly VAT Returns and EU ‘MOSS’ VAT returns
- Run Oracle ‘Day end’ processes
- Deal with ad-hoc sales department requests for various certificates/declarations
- Provide analysis of various expense types
What else do I need to know?
This role is based at the client European HQ in Long Hanborough and this is a full-time permanent role but there is some flexibility on hours for the right candidate for example working school hours 5 days a week
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.